Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Eeek!

You can lynch me now. I know that I've disappeared from the world of blogging for months now - three to be exact - but I really do have good excuses.  What? You don't want to hear my long list of excuses?  Good beacuse I didn't want to tell you anyway. 

Well I'm back now and I have a TON of books to catch you up on. This first blog will be a summary blog so that I can keep nice and neat records of my reading history and then I promise you'll get real posts with lots of interesting factoids.

The Mockingjay, by Suzanne Collins - Good, but it was slightly less captivating than the two prequels.  My rating: 7- Great. This book is worth reading AND recommending.



Echoes, by Danielle Steele  - Suprisingly delightful. I really should stop being surprised that I have actually enjoyed two of Danielle Steele's books. Again, there was no smuttiness. It was simply a beautiful story about a girl and her family trying to survive the Holocaust. My rating: 7- Great. This book is worth reading AND recommending.



Only the Good Spy Young, by Ally Carter  - I can't honestly remember this book very well. I'm pretty sure there is a sequel and I'm also pretty sure that I'll read it, but while this series is enjoyable, it is also forgettable. As such, I can't remember whether I liked it or not, so I can't even give it a rating. :(



The Han Solo Trilogy - Paradise Snare, by AC Crispin - AWESOME. I'm a nerd. I like Star Wars. However, I thought it would be all action and no sappy romance crap, but there was!!  Han Solo falls in love... and then... well, you'll have to read it to find out, but it certainly explains the tough demeanor that you see in the Star Wars movies. I definitely enjoyed this read that took me back to my childhood.  My rating: 7- Great. This book is worth reading AND recommending.



The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, by David Wroblewski - Love and Hate. Sometimes they can be felt simultaneously. This book was incredibly written, but frustrating for various reasons. It really deserves its own blog post in which I vent and rave, but unfortunately, it gets a short summary. I wouldn't recommend it, but... it deserves a little more than that as well. It is sad and it doesn't have a happy ending. The writing though = superb. 



The Alchemist, by Paul Coelho - LOVED. It was fascinating and challenging. I found myself thinking about it all the time during the following weeks and analyzing life through the lens presented in The Alchemist. I believed I actually tried to quote it a few times. Thank you to my blog readers for recommending this book! My rating: 8- Holy Cow! This book rocks my socks off.



Need, by Carrie Jones - Blah. I can't remember it. I don't think I liked it.  I probably won't read the sequel.  Imagine Twilight gone wrong.  My rating: 3- Bleh. I wouldn't bother, but maybe you have more patience.



The Vampire Diaries, Vol 1 & 2, by LJ Smith  - Interesting, but not captivating. My rating: 5- Pretty good, for the most part.



The Iron King, by Julie Kagawa - I'm pretty sure I really enjoyed this book and I'm definitely planning on reading the sequel, but my memory is so bad, I just can't remember. Which was initially why I started this blog - to help me remember the books I forget! My rating is probably (if I can remember correctly...): 6- Good. Solidly good.



Sphinx's Princess, by Esther Friesner - I love this series. I love Esther Friesner. These are definitely my childish indulgence books, but I can't help it. They're just so fun!  7- Great. This book is worth reading AND recommending.



Burned, by PC Cast & Kristin Cast - Boo. This series gets worse and worse and I still can't put it down. I hate that I'm interested even while I'm not. I'm determined to NOT read the next book in the series. Someone - please keep me accountable to this. Remind me that the series is a waste of time and is trash.  Help please? My rating: Runaway while you still can. Don't let this book snatch you in its clutches to hold you for all 8+ books...



That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elisha's blog = powered by comments.