Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Quickie

I get close to being caught up on blogging and then I go and read more. I really need to work on self-control.... or maybe not. :D

Sorry for skimping on the book reviews recently, but remember, this blog is for me (hah!) and not for you. ::sticks tongue at all the internet readers out there in mock disregard:: If you are confused, read my first post in which I declare my independence and state the purpose of this blog.

1. Nightworld, Vol. 1, by LJ Smith


2. Aurelia, by Anne Osterlund (I love the cover for this book!)


3. Nobody's Princess (Book 1), by Esther Friesner


4. Nobody's Prize (Book 2), by Esther Friesner


5. Ever, by Gail Carson Levine


My review for all of the above books is pretty similar in that I found them all to be interesting and simple reads. Unfortunately while trying to blog about them, I found myself dragging my unwilling fingers to hit the keyboard repetitively in the hopes that something interesting would magically appear. After minutes of fruitless abuse to my keyboard, I discovered my brain had vacated the premises and - voile! - I'm on facebook...

As such, my review is simply that I would recommend reading them. I just can't bring myself to blog about them. It is not a reflection of the books, but more a reflection of my frustrating attention span. Can someone say - attention deficit disorder?

My review for all the above books: Somewhere between "6- Good. Solidly good," & "7- Great. This book is worth reading AND recommending."

1 comment:

  1. The only one of these I've read is the Nightworld series. It was definitely okay. I actually liked it more than The Vampire Diaries, also by L.J. Smith. Definitely a nice, simple read.

    ReplyDelete

Elisha's blog = powered by comments.