Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card

Oddly enough, I feel as if I've known about this book forever. It seems to have hovered on the edges of my peripheral book vision as a "classic."  As for it's attainment of that status, since my definition of a classic necessitates that the author be buried, cremated, or otherwise deceased, Ender's Game does not fit the bill. Though it may not yet be a classic, it is, in my opinion, only due to the author's continued happy existence in our world.

However, this book is not unlike the classics in which I find I am either delighted or disgusted and rarely anything in between. Initially, I was nervous that I would find this book dull and too far on science side of science-fiction and I delayed picking it up for fear that it would end up in the "disgusted" section of my bookshelf.  Happily, the book meandered merrily into my delighted pile where it will continue to remain.

I feel I could say a great many things about this book and Orson Scott Card's masterful weaving of a fascinating story, but I'll be succint and simply encourage you to pick it up and enjoy the intrigue for yourself.

My rating: 8- Holy Cow! This book rocks my socks off.

2 comments:

  1. That book looked very familiar and I wasn't sure why. Finally I realized it's on our bookshelf at home (it's my husband's book). I think maybe I should read it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely pick it up! It's such a fun read!

    ReplyDelete

Elisha's blog = powered by comments.