Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Mar

I read this book over Christmas and I still haven't brought myself around to blogging about it. I really didn't enjoy it and I could hardly finish it. I'm just plain frustrated that this series has slowly been declining.

I dove into Wicked Lovely, the first book in this series, and loved it; I really enjoyed Ink Exchange, the second book, but I'm just plain mad at Fragile Eternity. More to the point, I'm just plain annoyed with Melissa for continuing a series and not ensuring that the sequels were equally as enthralling as the first book in the sereies. Why continue to write a series if the books slowly degrade as you go along?

What is worse, I think, than writing this bad sequel, is that the book had potential and LOTS of it. And Melissa just lets this potential die a slow death as you keep hoping she'll draw you back into the characters in the same way she did in the first book.

And yet, I'll probably read the next book she releases in the series. But then again, maybe not.

I'll give her this - her cover illustrator rocks.

My rating: 5- Pretty good, for the most part.

1 comment:

  1. ugh - I felt the same way about these books - total waste of time on this third one.....I'll probably read the next one too...

    ReplyDelete

Elisha's blog = powered by comments.